Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I love sweet and sour things.  Hawaiin chicken, pulled pork....anything tangy like that.  So when I stumbled across this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  It is so simple but yet so yummy :)





Meatballs:
1 1/4 pound lean hamburger
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 onion, chopped

Mix and form meatballs.  PLace in a large casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Drain grease and pour sauce over (recipe to follow).  Cover with tinfoil and bake for an additional hour.  Serve over white rice





Sauce:
2 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
4 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon powdered mustard
2 tablespoons soy cuce
1 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and pour over meatballs.  I will either 1 1/2 times the sauce or double it depending on how many I am feeding that night.



No comments:

Post a Comment