Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crock pot Stacked Enchiladas



 1 (14ounce) package tortillas (whatever size fits your crock pot)
1 1/2 pounds hamburger or 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or shredded beef
1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce of your choice (I like Rosarita)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 can cheddar or nacho cheese soup with 1/2 can milk
1 onion, chopped
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can olives, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese

Brown beef or cook other meat you are using.  Mix meat, cumin, soup mixture and onion together.  Spray inside of crock pot with nonstick spray, then pour a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom and place one of the tortillas in the bottom of pot.  Cover with meat mixture, some of the pinto beans, olives, more enchilada sauce, sprinkle of cheese, Add another tortilla and continue layering until you run out of ingredients.  Top with a tortilla, pour remaining sauce over and top with one last layer of cheese.  I usually put my crock pot on warm and let it cook for 4-5 hours.  I do it this way because I HATE soggy food.  BUT, I have found if I do it this way, they don't get too soggy.  If soggy food doesn't bother you, cook on low heat 5-6 hours.
I will serve mine with my spanish rice (recipe to follow) and usually a fruit dessert (I will include the one I serve with it also).  I will serve with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped green onions.  YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment