Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shredded chicken Tacos



I have made this chicken recipe and used it many different ways.  I have used it in Navajo tacos, regular tacos and taco salads.  It is yummy stuff :)

Chicken ~ I use one of the family packs of chicken
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic ~ either powder or chopped
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups salsa ~ mild, medium or hot depending on your taste
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 small can tomato sauce

Boil chicken, let cool then shred.  Saute onion and pepper until onion is clear.  Add chicken, cook for 10 minutes.  Add salsa, spices and tomato sauce, let simmer until warmed through.
Serve with either Navajo taco bread, taco shells or in a taco salad.  When I do the tacos or Navajo tacos, I will drain and rinse a can of pinto beans.  I also use sour cream, olives, guacamole, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment