Monday, June 27, 2011

Pasta Salad

I wanted something simple for dinner last night so I decided to do pulled pork sandwiches (one of my favorites), pasta salad and fruit....YUMMY 
I have also made my cole slaw recipe (posted on blog) topped the meat with the cole slaw and some of my homemade BBQ sauce.  It is pretty yummy that way too!







5 pound boneless pork butt shoulder
1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
Sandwich buns
Sliced Swiss Cheese

Combine all seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast.  Place in a slow cooker.  Add water.  Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.  Place pork on a cutting board and let rest for a few minutes while making BBQ sauce (recipe to follow).  Shred meat and either mix BBQ sauce or top sandwiches with it. 


BBQ sauce (I usually just dump everything in a bowl until it looks good.  So I hope that I get the measurements right for you)

1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar

Mix together and serve over meat


Now for the pasta salad.......


I love pasta salads!  A while ago I came up with this one, I know its not anything too spectacular but my family loves it.  Jentri will have at least 3 helpings when I fix it :)
When I made this yesterday, I didn't have any olives :(








1 box (or half the box depending on how many you are serving) Angel Hair Pasta
Zesty Italian dressing (I have tried regular and homemade Italian but the zesty has the best flavor)
Roma tomatoes~sliced diced and seeds taken out
Cucumber~sliced diced and seeds taken out
Olives
Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain, rinse and cool.  While cooling, slice, dice and deseed the cucumber and tomato.  Slice olives.  Once pasta is cool, put in a bowl and add as much (or as little) of the dressing as you would like.  I usually add enough to coat but not too much that it is swimming in it.  Add tomatoes, cucumber and olives.  Toss to coat then top with Parmesan cheese.  Chill for 30 minutes before serving


Hope you all enjoy these recipes.  Have a great day and happy baking/cooking

This post is linked up with http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment