Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Bake Cookies


I usually do a 4x batch for these.  My family loves them! I am giving you the double batch :)

4 cups sugar
1 cup butter
6 tablespoons cocoa (I use Hershey's)
1 cup milk

Put in a heavy saucepan, heat until butter is melted.  Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add:
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
5 1/2 cups oats
Use whichever size scoop you would like and spoon out onto wax paper.  Let cool and set up then enjoy :)
If you are lucky, you will be able to let them sit and set up before they are gone.  But if it is my family, I am lucky to get them onto the wax paper and they are gone.  I also have to explain my oats.  I usually start with only 4 cups.  I stir them in and see how the consistency is.  If it is a rainy day, I will need to add more.  If it is a more dry day, I stay at the 4 cups.  If you add too many, they will be crumbly.  Once you make them a couple of times, you will know how much to start with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment