Sunday, November 13, 2011

Corn Chowder

This soup is so easy to come together and tastes so yummy on a cold day with a loaf of homemade bread.  Hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do.  This picture isnt too good, but trust me, its yummy



2 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
 2 cups boiling water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk (I use canned)
12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream corn

Combine potatoes, carrots, celery onion, salt and pepper.  Add water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.  Do not drain.  Add butter and milk then add flour stirring constantly so no lumps form when adding flour.  Simmer until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.  Add cheese stirring until melted.  Add corn and simmer for 30 minutes; do not let boil or it will stick to the bottom of the pan. If I have leftover corn I will add that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment