Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies

One of my favorites.  I love pumpkin.  It is getting to the point where I am going to start doubling this batch, me kids eat them all! A lot of times before I can even get them off the pan to the cooling racks


1 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup shopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 cup pumpkin
2 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add pumpkin.  Stir in flour, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.  Add in raisins, nuts and/or chocolate chips.  Drop onto greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.  Watch them as they burn quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment