Sunday, December 18, 2011

Soup!

The past few days have been pretty cold.  I thought tonight would be a good night for some soup.  I made Clam Chowder (for my hubby) and Bacon Potato Chowder for the rest of the family. 


Clam Chowder



1/4 cup chopped bacon (I had some leftover from breakfast this morning)
1 small onion, chopped
3 (6.5 ounce) cans  minced clams
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash or 2 of pepper
2 cups canned milk

*In a saucepan, cook bacon and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, drain off fat.  Since I had some leftover from breakfast this morning, all I did was chop up the bacon and cook with the onion until bacon was warm and onion was tender.  When I don't have any leftover I cook it.




*Drain clams, reserving liquid from 2 cans.  Add enough water to measure 1 cup if needed.  Stir in all 3 cans of clams, clam liquid, potato, salt and pepper into bacon and onion.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat.  Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potato is tender.





*Stir in milk.  Heat, stirring occasionally.  Just until hot.  Do not let it boil.  Soup will curdle


No comments:

Post a Comment