Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have not forgot about you..

It has been a few days since I have been blogging.  Things got pretty crazy around my house for a few days.  We host an Orem Owlz baseball player each year and the other day they were having a host family BBQ.  I was asked to make some goodies for it.  I ended up making 2 loaves of coconut bread, a pan of brownies and 8 dozen cupcakes.  It was a little crazy around here!  The kitchen was really heating up :)  then on Monday, my hubby got hit in the eye while playing a game of racquetball.  It broke his glasses and bruised up his eye pretty good.  Tthankfully nothing too bad happened.  I do have to drive him where he needs to go for a few more days until we can get some new glasses (the things we don't do in the name of love)  But, have no fear my faithful blog followers, I am back at it again and will be making pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I have started a start of Friendship Bread and with that I am wither going to make Pina Colada cupcakes or Friendship bread.  Not sure on that one yet. 

I have been looking through my blog and it seems most of what I have been posting has been sweet.  I will be putting a few more savory things up because it is good to have a mix of sweet and savory, right?  Also, I will be a guest blogger next week!  Woohoo for me!  I am doing Frosting For a Cause.  It is a blog that a lady started and what you do is make a treat and take it out to your local cancer treatment center.  If you don't have one you can donate them to your local hospital.  You also make a donation of 25$ to a cancer group, blog about what you made and tell you story of how, if at all, cancer has affected your life.  I am doing it for my grandmother, my mom and my sister in law.  I will get a link to it up on my blog so you can go check out what I made, the recipe and my story. 

I hope you are all enjoying my blog and a peak into my life :)  If there is anything you would like to see or know more about, please let me know and I will happy to make you happy (yes Lisa, I still remember that I need to get some good summer recipes on here for you)

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment