Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwich

This is a very popular sandwich in my house.  I made it by accident one day and I havent looked back...hahaha.  It is so easy to double to feed a crowd, an easy dinner to make if you want to take dinner to someone.  I have made it for my sister in laws family and it is one of their favorites too.

*Bread
*2 tablespoons butter
*Garlic or onion powder
*Swiss Cheese
*Sliced ham
*Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Take bread out in morning and put on a plate sprayed with Pam.  Put plastic wrap over top (sprayed with Pam also) so that bread wont dry out.  Let bread rise.  When ready to make sandwich roll out dough on a floured surface, roll out to about a 8x12 rectangle.  Melt 2 tablespoons butter, pour over dough and sprinkle with garlic or onion powder.  Put a layer of swiss cheese down, put a layer of ham down then top with shredded cheddar cheese.





Fold ends over then tuck and roll the rest so that all of the filling is in the bread.  Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.




Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing








1 comment:

  1. Its too late for me to think about mamas cooking but I miss it ps fantastic job with ur blog haha:) notice I post this on my favorite blog :) this looks amazing!!!!!:)

    Loves: soulless ginger Aka landito bandito:)

    ReplyDelete