Monday, March 28, 2011

Symphony Bar Cookies

I know these have been around for a while, but in my family, they are a favorite.  I am lucky to keep them around for an hour before they are gone. 


Symphony Cookie Bars

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped heath bars (8 small or 1 large)

In a bowl add flour, soda and salt.  Whisk together and set aside.  Cream butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add flour mixture then stir in candy bar bits.  Chill dough for 30 minutes.  Roll into 1" balls, place 2" apart on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I can see why these would be a favorite. The addition of heath bars would make these so much better than the average cookies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I would love to. Thanks for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete